When your child has a life-threatening food allergy, getting prepared for their first day of school can be very stressful. Searching the Internet and trying to know what topics need to be covered, can leave any parent feeling overwhelmed.
Have you found yourself…
• Wondering what questions you should ask?
• Looking for ways to help increase your child’s safety?
• Questioning how to effectively communicate your child’s needs and help people “get it”?
• Wanting stories you can easily reference about children having reactions at school?
• Searching for downloads, information & other helpful resources you can share?
• Needing help putting together a checklist of important topics to discuss?
Allergies at School includes checklists of key points to easily reference, helpful resources to share, and relevant stories to discuss with the team members.
Topics include: Getting Prepared, The Team Meeting, The School Nurse, Playgrounds and Recess, Field Trips, The Cafeteria, Using School Transportation, Talking to Teachers, Helping Your Child Prepare, Food Allergies in the News, and Resources.
Allergies at School is also an excellent resource for school nurses, teachers and principals!